19 February 2009

On the road again...


tomorrow I leave for Texas with my good friend Nancy who is moving there. It is a little bit of a practice run for me... as I will be doing something similar this coming July.I love road trips... even if it is the straight thru 10 hours/day for several days in the car kinda road trip...I think because my ma would put me in the car when I wouldn't sleep as a baby, and drive around for hours.... Sadly HFG and Michael do not care for the road trips so much: HFG because she gets bored, and Michael because he can't sit for long periods of time.

Which means I am really "pumped" (as my friend Jill would say) about heading out tomorrow. I hope to take lots of blurry photos as we drive down I-5 to Southern Cali and then on 10 thru Texas. I get to hang out with my good friend whom I probably won't see again for a long while, since she's moving to Texas and I'm moving to Pennsylvania... I am sure we will bond plenty. I'll even get to see my Pops on Saturday night whom I haven't seen in nine years. I get a break from the daily grind, the dishes, the teen, the dog walking (I will have faux Poppy, although thankfully no walking required), the this and that of it all.

Bring on the black top!

No comments: